Friday, July 8, 2011

May Fun




One of my favorites!








Finally May Flowers!



In May we had a great weekend in New York, well except the weather wasn't great, but Rob, Jen, Carson and Chelsea were there! So all the cousins got to have some fun! Uncle Mike found a frog, but Lillian and Carson didn't want to hold it. Lillian being so gentile to Chelsea, only wish she was that nice to David.....









My Aunt Veronica made this purple sweater for me when I was Lillians age, so its so nice to see Lillian wear it. So glad that my mom saved this from when I was little. I have to do the same with some of Lillian's things.


We spent a day regrading, and seeding the yard where the large tulip trees once were. Lillian and David didn't help out too much. For some reason Lillian was wearing her life jacket much of that day, I guess she was trying to tell us something.

Lillian caught the first fish on the boat since we purchased "Catch 22". We think of Billy nearly everyday, and how such a great friend, and fisherman he was. We had went out the mouth of the Housatonic River, and decided to anchor. Well the anchor was jammed, Dave and I are trying to free it up, and Lillian is asking why daddy is kicking the boat....Well he finally got it free and we anchored, through out some bunker, and waited.....Nothing biting, so we decided to head back to the yacht club. We made it back in the slip with just Dave, me, David and Lillian. This was only the second time Dave had driven the boat, so I was quite nervous as he backed in into the slip. But we made it without any problems, other than the anchor. The tide was running in so we decided to throw out a line at the dock....What do you know we caught a schoolie striper and Lillian reeled it up!

1 comment:

Mom G. (Tracie) said...

I love seeing Lillian wearing the your "uncorn sweater" from Aunt Veronica. Someday Chelsea will fit into what Jen referred to as her "sheep sweater". You both wore those sweaters all the time. Someday Lilly can pass it on to her daughter. Billy was a wonderful man and it's so nice that your family now has his boat to enjoy. I would have loved to see Lilly's face when she reeled in her fish. David has such a great smile, I love seeing it. The pic of Lilly and Carson walking in the mud puddle brings back so many memories!